And here you are, ready for your next departure. Gone are the days when it was necessary to have a satellite navigator and to pay dearly for it to be driven on the road. Thanks to Google Maps, you just need your smartphone: large and customized maps, road maps, itineraries, all to download for free, have made the difference.
But if you want to print maps, what can I do? Take a few minutes and I will explain how to print from Google Maps and have all the road maps that interest you available, not only on your smartphone but also in paper format, always with you.
Print maps for free
Right from the start, I tell you that, at least for now, it is not possible to print road maps and itineraries from smartphones or tablets. It can only be done from a pc. That’s how:
- Connect to the internet from your computer and go to Google Maps.
- View the portion of the map you are interested in by zooming.
- Now click on the menu, which is the three horizontal dashes at the top left.
- In the list that appears, click Print.
- The print page will appear with the usual directions for your printer.
Routes and road maps
To print the itinerary, i.e. the directions from Maps, do this.
- Connect to Google Maps from your PC.
- At this point, look for the place you want and look for directions as you usually do, indicating the starting point and the ending point. Then choose the route, whether to do it on foot, by car, by public transport.
- Once the itinerary appears on the map, click on Details (it appears on the left screen, together with the indicated route.
- Then click on Print and follow the usual path of your printer.